- Berenter, Jared 2012: "Ground Truthing" Vulnerability and Adaptation in Africa. Austin: Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law.
- Werz, Michael and Laura Conley 2012: Climate Change, Migration, and Conflict in Northwest Africa. Rising Dangers and Policy Options Across the Arc of Tension. Washington, DC: Center for American Progress.
- ACCORD 2011: Conflict Trends - Environment, Climate Change and Conflict. Journal, Issue 2 2011. Durban, South Africa.
- Bunte, Thimna and Laureline Monnier 2011: Mediating Land Conflict in Burundi. Durban: The African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD).
- Oakland Institute 2011: Special Investigation: Understanding Land Investment Deals in Africa. Report Series. Oakland, CA.
- Sayne, Aaron 2011: Climate Change Adaptation and Conflict in Nigeria. Washington, DC: US Institute for Peace.
- Swain, Ashok et al. 2011: Climate Change and the Risk of Violent Conflicts in Southern Africa. Uppsala: Uppsala University.
- Stark, Jeffrey 2011: Climate Change and Conflict in Pastoralist Regions of Ethiopia: Mounting Challenges, Emerging Responses. CMM Discussion Paper No. 4. Washington, DC: USAID.
- UNEP 2011: Environmental Assessment of Ogoniland. Nairobi.
- Yanda, Pius and Salomé Bronkhorst 2011: Climate Change and Conflict: Conflict-Sensitive Climate Change Adaptation in Africa. Policy & Practice Brief Issue No.014. Durban: The African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD).
- Busby, Joshua et al. 2010: Locating Climate Insecurity: Where Are the Most Vulnerable Places in Africa? Austin, Texas: The Robert S. Strauss Center.
- Autesserre, Séverine 2010: The Trouble with the Congo. Local Violence and the Failure of International Peacebuilding. Cambridge University Press.
- Global Water Partnership 2010: Water Security for Development: Insights from African Partnerships in Action. Stockholm.
- Mwiturubani, D. and J.-A. van Wyk 2010: Climate Change and Natural Resources: Conflicts in Africa. ISS Monograph 170. Pretoria: Institute for Security Studies.
- Nellemann, C./Redmond, I./Refisch, J. (eds) 2010: The Last Stand of the Gorilla – Environmental Crime and Conflict in the Congo Basin. A Rapid Response Assessment. Arendal, Norway: United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), GRID-Arendal.
- Petrie, Belynda et al. 2010: Gender and Climate Change in Southern Africa. Cape Town: Heinrich Böll Foundation Southern Africa.
- Campbell, I./Dalrymple, S./Craig, R./Crawford, A. 2009: Climate change and conflict. Lessons from community conservancies in northern Kenya. CDC, IISD, Saferworld.
- Purkitt, Helen 2009: African Environmental and Human Security in the 21st Century. Amherst, NY, U.S.: Cambria Press.
- Westerkamp, M./Feil, M./Thompson, A. 2009: Regional Cooperation in the Great Lakes Region. A contribution to peacebuilding? Brüssel: Initiative for Peacebuilding.
- Swatuk, L./ Wirkus, L. (eds.) 2009: Transboundary Water Governance in Southern Africa. Berlin: Nomos Verlag.
- Brown, O./Crawford, A. 2008: Assessing the Security Implications of Climate Change for West Africa: Country Case Studies of Ghana and Burkina Faso. IISD
- Brown, O./Hammil A./McLeman R. 2008: Climate change as the ‘new’ security threat: Implications for Africa.
- Magrath, John 2008: Africa – Up in smoke 2. London: new economics foundation (nef)/International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Oxfam International 2008: Survival of the fittest. Pastoralism and climate change in east Africa. Oxfam Briefing Paper 116.
- UNEP 2007: Sudan: post-conflict environmental assessment. Nairobi: United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Hendrix, C. S./Glaser, S. M. 2007: Trends and triggers: Climate, climate change and civil conflict in Sub-Saharan Africa. In: Political Geography 26, S. 695-715.
- Meier, P./Bond, D./Bond, J. 2007: Environmental influences on pastoral conflict in the Horn of Africa. In: Political Geography 26, pp. 716-735.
- Swatuk, Larry A. 2007: Regionalexpertise – Southern Africa, Environmental Change and Regional Security: An Assessment.
- Nyong, A./Fiki, C./McLeman, R. 2006: Drought-related conflicts, anagement and resolution in the West African Sahel: Considerations for Climate change research. Die Erde, 137 (3), pp. 223–240.
- Eriksen, S. et al. 2006: The urgent need to increase adaptive capacities: evidence from enyan drylands. African Centre for Technology Studies Confl icts and Adaptation policy brief 2.
- CIFOR 2005: Natural Resources, Communities and Climate Change in West Africa: Impacts, Vulnerabilities and Responses. Center for International Forestry Research, Ouagadougou.